July 17, 2020
Our Coronavirus Statement.
Our Current Hospital Hours :
M-F 8am - noon (closed Wednesday)
Alternating Saturdays we are closed
Visit Procedure : come inside, check in, get a pager and wait outside until you are paged for your turn. Current wait times are around 35-40 minutes so bring a book, some good music and a smile.
God is in control. We do not live with a spirit of fear. That being said, God made us intelligent. We are not afraid of cars but are smart enough to not jump in front of a moving one. This is how we see the coronavirus challenge.
The Mississippi Board of Animal Health has allowed routine services but also advises us to use our best judgement in our facility since Person-to-person transmission of the virus is still ongoing and precautions should still be instituted to remain healthy.
So as precaution we will continue the following:
1. Our office will only be open 8am - Noon for the foreseeable future, at least thru August . (Even though the state has approved full service, we feel that this is an ever changing situation so we want to error on the side of caution.) God continues to provide.
2. We ask that when you arrive, check in at the front desk and we will give you a pager and we will page you when it is your turn. (just like at a restaurant)
3. We will not schedule (or we will reschedule) elective surgeries.
4. We will not shake hands.
5. We will continue to hyper-clean our facility.
6. We ask that if you are sick to postpone your visit with us.
7. Please don't bring the entire family for your pet's visit. We know children especially love to go to the vet, but we are trying to protect everyone by limiting the number of people in the building at one time.
8. If you'd rather... you may call us while in the parking lot and we can tell you when it's clear in the office.
9. As of today, there have been two domestic cats in New York and a dog that tested positive for coronavirus. The owners of these pets had the virus. The CDC is still convinced these are isolated and that pets do not transmit this virus to people. This is, as mentioned above, an ever changing situation and one reason that we are going above and beyond to try to keep everyone safe by the methods listed above.